The promotion of products or services in an unconventional manner with little or no budget. Guerrilla marketing is mainly based on the idea of using the streets or public areas, such as shopping centres, parks or beaches, to reach a larger audience.
Break Me if You can – 3M Security Glass
The guerrilla marketing campaign for 3M Security Glass is legendary. The $3 million is encased in 3M’s bulletproof glass, and a uniformed security guard asked passersby if they wanted to break the glass with their feet. If any individual were successful in their attempt, they would get to keep $3million – seems fair. Apart from $500 dollars on the top layer, all the money was fake. Although the glass may not be bulletproof, it is certainly kick proof. However, only a few people got a chance to test it. But that didn’t stop millions of people around the world from sharing this image.
Advantages of Guerrilla Marketing:
1. It is ideal for a low budget
2. It is easy to go viral
3. It helps you build partnerships
4. Your brand will be easily remembered
5. It enhances your customer base
6. Your brand will be distinct and unique
7. It has a subtle way of reaching out your audience
8. You can enjoy creative liberty.
So, how are you planning to implement Guerrilla Marketing in your business?